I have been a TA at University for around 3 years. From the very beginning, I made a website that serves as a 24/7 resource for students in courses I TA for. It contains lab hints, grading guides, files of code, etc that I write whenever I teach lab sections or host office hours.
However, the layout of the page has dated quite a bit since I first wrote it. Maybe it's time to give it a refresh? Sure! Why not!?
Introducing PENDUAL (In the event that this name choice isn't obvious...), a dual-theme setup consisting of a Light and (finally) a Dark theme! This isn't all I've changed though...
Version 3.0.0 Changelog:
New FeaturesThe following are new features to the site:
- All pages now have a SETTINGS button, which opens up a menu giving users the ability to change language and theme. They can also view site information such as domain and version (if anyone actually cares).
- These are powered by Cookies, so you'll see a popup at the bottom of the page asking you to click "I agree" about the usage of cookies.
- There is now a dark theme!
- All code boxes have a label above them. These can say things such as
Output. This helps users to tell what exactly they are looking at if they are confused.
- All code (in both Light and Dark themes) now have syntax highlighting. This is powered by highlight.js, so a massive shoutout to them!
- My talks and presentations from graduate school, along with notes for them, are shown on the main page. I am treating this like a "series". Each presentation features a unique SVG logo. I look forward to giving more presentations in the future!
Changed/Improved FeaturesThe following changes/improvements have been made to the site:
Class URLs have been changed.
Class Lab Guide URLs have been changed.
- Code box borders have been adjusted to only have a border on the left rather than all over.
- The navigation bar at the top of all pages now feature fully working links (finally).
- All images (which are not screenshots) are now SVG rather than PNG.
- For each class page, the "Lab Sections" module text has changed to list more information.
- Labs now have their names displaying in class pages rather than just "Lab 1", "Lab 2", etc.
- The banner at the top of each page can be changed.
- Improved Multi-lingual support. All content is still originally in UK English. However, if I get a translation of a guide in another language, let me know and I'll make it available for all visitors!
- My Contact E-Mails have been (finally) added to the bottom of each page.
Removed FeaturesThe following have been removed from the site:
- MySQLi/PDO Connectivity. The site now relies on local JSON files for data since there isn't really much data to look for anyways. Plus, if someone wanted to exploit it, it's now impossible.
Guide AdjustmentsThe following guides have been modified to account for new features:
- Introduction to the Terminal (Disclaimer/Note adjustments & Updated Visuals)
- PBM, PGM, and PPM files (Complete Rewrite, New URL, Updated Visuals)
So what's next to come? I'm not sure. I do plan to implement an AMOLED theme but we'll see. ;)